Friday, August 8, 2014

Englishman Westwood, long thought to be one of the better everyone in the game who have yet to be able to clinch a major subject, fired any 6-under-par 65 over a peaceful, muggy day at Valhalla Golf iron to finish shared top with Us citizens Kevin Chappell and Thomas Palmer.
English Open winner Rory McIlroy, the particular pre-tournament favourite who will be bidding to get a third consecutive success on the PGA Tour, was hiding ominously just one off of the pace after beginning by having an eight-birdie 66 inside the year's final significant.
"I played out well, hit a whole lot fairways, putted properly, " former planet number one Westwood advised reporters after racking up a total regarding nine birdies, one particular bogey and a twice.
"I provided myself plenty of probabilities. On the whole, there was no real disadvantages out there. I actually hit plenty of quality flat iron shots, and it also felt like 67 was a fair enough score for that way I played out  inches.

Australia's Matt Roberts is flying loaded with a tie regarding 11th from 3-under, following carding three birdies around the back eight.
A birdie and bogey over a uniform front eight saw him finish using a first-round 68, three shots driving the market leaders.
Geoff Ogilvy shone early on before falling to finish from 2-under, carding about three birdies in his beginning nine holes in order to complete in a tie up for 20th spot.
Jason Day time is also 20th spot after hitting any 2-under opening round regarding 69.
"I got a couple of pricey three-putts but I played out good and I'm pumped up about my commence, " Day mentioned.
"A score is really on the market if you struck your shots even though I could are already lower Me really satisfied with a solid learn to the event. inches
In-form compatriot Marc Leishman got a quieter focus on an even-par 1st round in a tie up for 52nd, although former world primary Adam Scott furthermore fired a much 71.
"I merely didn't have any beat in my swing action, right from the 1st shot of waking time, this means you will be considered a battle that way sometimes, inches Scott said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment